Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Mile 1,100.4. - 1,120.5

Last night night was my (Y-Knot) worst night on trail. I was up all night, coughing,  blowing my nose, and the worst of all was the very painful sore throat. It one thing to be sick at home where you have everything you need to get better at your fingertips. It's another thing to be in the wilderness with nothing but a small pack on your back. 
I knew I wasn't well leaving South Lake Tahoe but you can't stay in town forever. So wet hit the trail and I knew I wasn't right. The worst came at night. I couldn't sleep. That makes the last two nights with very little sleep. I got up this morning hurting all over. Today wasn't the hardest day terrain wise but the one pass we went over was called "Dicks Pass" and I just crawled up. I can usually climb pretty well but today was different. I can only hope this cold / flu gets over soon. It is miserable trying to hike 20 miles while sick.
Our hiking friend Brian (who is hiking the Tahoe Rim Trail) gave me a bunch of vitamin C chewables so I'm hoping that works.


A sick Y-Knot early this morning.


Mirror reflections at Aloha Lake.


Balance making her way up the trail towards Dicks Pass.


This view is from just below The summit of Dicks Pass.


One of the hundreds of small lakes up here in the Destination Wilderness Area.







No comments:

Post a Comment