Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Mile 1,093.0 - 1,100.4

Even though we stayed in town last night, I couldn't sleep. I became sick overnight with a cough, sore throat, a very runny nose, and a head that felt the size of a balloon. It wasn't good, as I kept Balance up most of the night as well. Come morning I wasn't feeling much better but we found a nice breakfast cafe just a few blocks from our motel. Balance was extra happy because the Keys Cafe had computers for guests to use. We were there several hours. We went back to the motel and watched a World Cup Soccer match between Brazil and Chile. On purpose we stayed right up until the noon time check out. 
We then hopped the town bus to the outfitter to buy a few supplies and we hitched ride back to Highway 50 where we left off. A very nice volunteer named Chris who helps in the Desolation Wilderness saw us hitching and gave us a ride.
We didn't start hiking until 2pm and I was feeling really lousy still. I hope this goes away quick because it will really put a damper on my hiking if not. I have several meds so we will see.


Balance with her huge Belgium waffle at the Keys Cafe in South Lake Tahoe.


The PCT and the Tahoe Rim Trail share the same trail for 32 miles. This section goes around Echo Lake.


Sunshine lighting up Echo Lake this afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment